Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

My Screen prints on card

Screen Prints on card: 

On each piece of card I printed on, I used the same process. I placed my card on a clean surface, I then laid the screen over the card. I then got some pigment ink and dabbed a generous amount at the top of the screen. I then got a squeegee and dragged down the pigment ink firmly making sure the pattern on the screen had been thinly coated in a colour of ink. I then peeled of the card from the screen revealing my print. Next I lined up the end of the image with the front of the image on the screen so that I could do a repeat print. Once it was lined up correctly I repeated the print process. I then let my print dry. Straight after printing I had to wash down my screen thoroughly with the power hose. If the ink struggles to come off just simply scrub with a sponge and then rinse it away. I then put the screen in the drying cupboard for 15 minutes. The screen can actually be used 6 or 7 times before you need to wash it. Each pigment colour has a special code identifying it, either on the tub or colour chart. I enjoyed screen printing but trying to get it neat with such a detailed picture proved to be quite difficult, however I feel my prints turned out successful for the most part.

Health and Safety:

wear protective gloves and apron, be careful on wet floors and near the sink. Avoid spillages and splashing when dealing with ink. Always clean working area before and after you start printing.
Repeat Print, Pigment colour used: Black SN-G.


Repeat Print, pigment colours used: pink 5 BTL, Blue B.
Repeat Print, pigment colour used: Red BTL.

No comments:

Post a Comment