Pages

Saturday 8 March 2014

More Samples...

Black Cotton, screen print, plain puff binder, Q print Turquoise puff binder. I really like this sample because the puff binder looks really effective against the black, I had to use puff binder because we didn't have any white special pigment. The print is possibly too dark for a summer dress.

Cotton, Black SN-G pigment ink screen print, Q print Turquoise puff binder. I like this sample because it stands out against the white with a splash of colour, it goes perfectly with the monochrome colour scheme. However I put too much pigment on the screen so the detail didn't show up properly.

Medium Calico, Yellow Mx3R and Orange Mx2R (stripes) Procion dyed background, Black SN-G pigment ink background, plain puff binder, screen 2: Q print Black puff binder. Originally I was just going to keep this print black but the print went wrong so I decided to cover up the mistakes by printing puff binder over the top of it. This turned out to look really nice and summery. One problem I had with numerous samples was that my screens didn't line up properly due to my material shrinking. If this was chosen as the winning sample I would have to use just black pigment because puff binder wouldn't be suitable.

Cotton, Turquoise MxG and Red Mx5B Procion dyed background, Black SN-G pigment ink screen print, screen 2: Q print Black puff binder. At first I wasn't a fan of this shade of purple but when I printed on it it looked really nice and would look great on a summer dress, I would probably change the grey shells to black pigment because when I heated up the black puff binder it turned into grey. I found Cotton and Calico the easiest material to print onto because it stayed in place. Cotton would be the fabric that I would personally choose because it is light but reliable giving a great finish.

Cotton, Turquoise MxG 10ml and water 120ml Procion dyed background, Black SN-G pigment ink background, screen 2: Q print Black puff binder. I like this sample and it printed well but I think the shade of blue is slightly too pale and would only work for darker shades of skin colouring.

Cotton, Turquoise MxG Procion dyed background, Black SN-G pigment ink screen print, screen 2: plain puff binder. This printed really well and I love the overall effect with the white and black against the strong turquoise/blue this is one of my favourite samples.

Cotton, Blue Mx2G 50ml, Green Mx2B 15ml, water 100ml Procion dyed background, plain puff binder (experimental piece). This was just an experimental piece with layered screen prints of puff binder on an A5 sheet of dyed cotton, although I wouldn't use it to present I just wanted to experiment with pattern.

Medium Calico, Red Mx5B 35ml and Orange Mx2R 35ml Procion dyed background, Black SN-G pigment ink screen print, screen 2: plain puff binder. I love this print because the coral pink is perfect for summer and the puff binder looks really nice with the black, however I had problems lining up the screens correctly, meaning some of the shells overlap.

Cotton, Blue Mx2G 20ml, Turquoise MxG 40ml, Green Mx2B 15ml Procion dyed background, Black SN-G pigment ink screen print, plain puff binder. I like this sample because its a softer version of my bright blue turquoise sample, I think this is a better sample because its more subtle and not too bright, this was a successful print. Again some shells overlaped due to the material shrinking.

Medium Calico, Turquoise MxG + Red Mx5B 60ml, water 100ml Procion dyed background, Black SN-G pigment ink screen print. (1 screen). This print worked well against the deep purple colour but the Calico is slightly too heavy for a summer material, I wanted to just see one screen on this material and it worked well because it wasn't too busy. Overall with all my samples I think I did it to a good standard but one of my main problems was that the screen hadn't exposed properly. This meant some of the detail on the shells was missing which slightly let down the overall appearance. However I am happy with the results I printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment