Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Hammered Flower Samples...

Hammered flower print on calico using purple and yellow flowers. Darker flowers work better as the colour is more vibrant. The best floral design you could get is by using the flower itself directly onto paper or fabric.

Different shades of flowers hammered on calico. This looks really pretty because there are different shades of purple on this sample. Remember to use pale fabrics so that the flower shows up clearly.

Hammered flower and leaf print on water colour paper finished of with a pink water coloured vase. I like this print because I tried to create the image of a vase of flowers. This worked really well and took less time than if I was going to paint it, its such an easy, effective technique that I'm glad I've discovered. 
This print is done on water colour paper finished with hammered flower prints and a blue water colour vase. I also hand painted the stems on to make it more realistic. I really like this print because the flowers are very bright and strong in colour, the harder you hammer the flowers the better the print.


No comments:

Post a Comment