Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

More Samples...

This is a brooch I made out of some scrap material. I folded it like a fan and then cut it at the top in  a rounded shape to create numerous petal shapes still attached, I then gathered the material by inserting thread and a needle and pulled through it tightly. I then arranged the petals into a rounded flower and stitched it into place to secure it. I finished it of with a button in the middle and a safety pin for the back. Health and Safety: Be careful when handling sharp objects such as needles and scissors as it can cause cuts and punctures. I liked making this brooch but it took quite a long time to do and it was slightly tricky to secure it with thread, however it looks quite nice as a small floral inspired sample.


This is a peg loom weave. I'm not a fan of this technique because it takes ages to complete, that is why I kept it quite a small sample. I did this sample to add to my variety of textile technique samples to show off my diversity in art. The colours I chose complimented each other nicely but didn't really fit in with my floral theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment