Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

My Screen Prints on Calico

Calico, screen print, repeat print, rotated print, Procion dye: Red Mx5B, Pigment: Black SN-G, Plain Puff Binder, Embroidery silk thread, cotton thread, pen. I tried machine sewing on top of the puff binder but the needle kept getting stuck so I decided to hand stitch it using various colours of silk thread, I didn't like the finish of it because the thread was too thick and looked slightly messy.
Calico, Screen Print, Turquoise Brusho ink, Puff Binder: plain, repeat print. I love this print because they are soft baby colours that would make great fabric for children.
Calico, Multicoloured Screen Print, Pigment ink: Pink 5BTL, Violet Blue 2BTL, Turquoise 4G, Yellow 10GL, Red BTL, Repeat print. This is one of my favourite prints because I put random blobs of colour all around the screen, then I swirled them together with the squeegee to create a rainbow print.
Calico, Procion dye: Yellow Mx3R, Red Mx2R, Turquoise MxG. (scrunched up material to create camouflage dye effect). Screen Print: Black SN-G, Screen Print plain puff binder. This is one of my favourite designs because you can see the black screen print peaking through the beautiful puff binder print, this creates an elegant approach to fabric.
Calico, Procion dye: Black K2647, Screen Print, (Rainbow) Puff Binder: Q Print Turquoise 4g, Minerprint Brill Red BB, Minerprint Brill Pink 5BTL, Q Print Yellow 2g. I don't really like this print because when I dyed the fabric it turned grey and the colours from the puff binder look quite dull. 

No comments:

Post a Comment