Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Ideas For My Final Piece!

Making My Lino Cut...

For my final piece I decided to do a lino cut so that I could make beautiful prints with it on special lining paper used for wallpaper. I decided to design a floral pattern inspired by my sheet work. To do the lino cut I used special lino cutting tools to carve out the floral pattern. The carving tools have a V shape at the end of them to make it easier to carve out. I really enjoyed doing the lino cut because it creates beautiful prints, each time you print its a unique pattern because it picks up different patterns with the paint each time. Health and Safety: be careful when using the tools because they are sharp and when you add pressure when cutting, it can be quite dangerous.
I started drawing out the image before I began to cut it out to give me a guide line. So far so good.

I got the outline of the flower in the middle cut out using a cutting machine, so that I could separate it from the other part. This meant I could now print using two different colours if I wished. I carried on carving out the floral design using a lino cutter. It became easier the more practice I got.

My completed lino cut is now ready to print with. I'm very happy with the result because hopefully it will produce stunning prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment