Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Lino Cut Printed Wallpaper Samples For My Final Piece!

How I Did My Prints...

With my completed lino cut I started to experiment with different colours and paints. I used media such as ready mixed paint, watered down gouache paint, ink, oil paint and acrylic paint. I then rolled on paint using a paint roller so that the design got an even covered layer. I then printed it onto paper and pressed firmly using my hands. I peeled away the outer piece of the lino cut and got the middle part and repeated the process in a different colour. The print is now ready to reveal. I really enjoyed this technique and the results were far better than I expected. Each print is very unusual in an abstract way. I like the prints because some of the colours clash with each other which in a way makes it more interesting to look at. One print I did was with oil paint which is what you would traditionally use, however I found it difficult to use because it dried too quickly and was almost impossible to wash off. When I came to putting it through the print press which is also what you would traditionally use, I realised that it didn't pick up most of the pattern making it a poor result. That's why I decided to use normal paint which was wetter, and my own strength to print it. Health and Safety: keep work area clean and tidy to prevent accidents and spillages, wear gloves and apron if necessary. Here are my printed samples...

Lino cut print, white card, blue and purple gouache paint. This print went perfect and looks really effective.

Lino cut print, lining paper, layered coloured print, pink and navy blue acrylic paint. I like how the colours compliment each other in the design.

Lino cut, turquoise MxG Procion dyed background, black gouache paint print. I love this design because its very modern and stylish.

Lino cut print, lining paper, purple brusho ink background, layered coloured print, black, green, pink gouache paint. I enjoyed experimenting with the clashing colours and the result was quite good.

Lino cut print, brown paper, black gouache paint. I like this print because it looks effective with the black against the brown, giving it a rustic appearance.

Lino cut print, lining paper, layered coloured print, blue, red, turquoise acrylic paint. This design is very pretty with the strong bold colours layered together.

Lino cut print, lining paper, black gouache paint. Even though I only used one colour I think it looks simple but effective because it picks up all the detail.

Lino cut print, lining paper, Blue MxR Procion dyed background, layered coloured print, pink, purple, turquoise acrylic paint, white oil paint. This print didn't turn out how I liked because you cant see the detail very clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment