Pages

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Final Major Project...

The Language Of Flowers

Welcome to my FMP! My FMP is based on the book ' The Language of Flowers'; in this project I will explore many representations of flowers. The idea for this project came from pure observation of my surroundings. I am inspired daily from the colours and intricacy of nature's beauty. I will also research the meanings to a variety of flowers and the spiritual and emotional aspect of this topic as well as the healing properties they have to offer. I will also explore the biology and fascinating makeup of flowers, to support this I will research artists and designers such as Ernst Haeckel and Christopher Kane. Throughout my project I will explore floral pattern and designs by researching into embroidered flowers, pressed flowers and photography. I will research many interpretations of flowers ranging from real life drawings of flowers to modern stylised floral design as mainly seen on many wallpaper and fabric prints. I will research into many artists and designers to support this such as William Morris who I look at as one of the most influential and iconic designers/ artist in history. For my modern contemporary designers I will look at designers/ artist such as Cath Kidston/ Liberty prints whose name has travelled far among textile print design. I will compare and contrast these decades of printed textiles to see how far we have developed textile design today. As part of our FMP I have to research into business cards to support my exhibition at the end of the project, I will design and produce a corporate business card and a creative business card.

Techniques I will explore:
  • Knitting
  • Needle felt/ wet felt
  • Batik
  • Screen print process
  • Embroidery
  • Collage 
For my final piece I will produce a wall hanging which will include many processes that I have used throughout my two years at college, this will be based on floral prints. I will also attempt to make needle felted cushions if I have time. 
The book 'The Language Of  Flowers' that my project is based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment