Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Mood Boards...

I created four mood boards to show my inspiration and ideas, on these sheets I have shown many interpretations of floral beauty with plenty of media and colour. I used collaged wallpaper that I got from a shop as well as other media such as Gouache paint, Batik, nail polish etc. All inspiration is taken from observation of my surroundings and the book ' The Language Of Flowers'. I'm really pleased with my mood boards because they gave me a lot of ideas and inspiration to take further on into the project. All sheets are A2 size.


This sheet captures the meanings and emotions of flowers, and is based on the book I am researching, each image represents a flower and its meaning, for example 'Lily' which means 'Purity'. I completed the sheet by painting flowers over the images to give a beautiful effect.

This sheet is based on contemporary floral design, I've collaged a vase of flowers with modern floral wallpaper. To complete the sheet I used a batik flower background with procion dyes and white polka dot paint. The batik background when held up to the light reveals a stain glass window effect which is stunning.

This sheet has both contemporary and traditional floral imagery (wallpaper) simply collaged on a pink and black polka dot background, however the simplicity of it creates a stunning piece of artwork  itself.


This sheet is vibrant and beautiful using simple collaged wallpaper imagery. The colours really compliment each other giving it a sense of happiness in the fresh breeze of summer. I finished of the sheet by painting small Daisy's around the images using gouache paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment