Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Mood Boards...

Stage 1 in my development!

The first step to designing my print was to create mood boards. I used imagery and media that related to the sea and invertebrate sea creatures. I used plenty of colour and pattern that inspired my designs. I'm really pleased with my sheet work because there were so many stunning creatures to look at and the choice of media I used worked really well with the images. I also drew intricate patterns within outlines of shells and sea creatures.
I did a collage of invertebrate sea creatures in a creative way. I added polka dot nail polish to decorate the page and glue to give it a glossy finish.

I created the background using batik and prussian blue brusho ink. I then drew sea horses using marker pen. I then realised that a sea horse was a fish so I couldn't use it for my design. However I just kept it as an extra design sheet.

I created the background using batik and blue/ green brusho ink. I then collaged images onto the page and drew a nautilus shell in the middle using marker pen. I finished the page off using nail polish and glue.

I created the background using batik, purple and greeny blue brusho ink. When I held it up to the light it was like a stain glass window, this is because the wax had covered the whole page and soaked into it. This was unintended but worked out really good because it revealed my images more clearly. I drew patterned crabs and octopuses. I also used collaged images and white paint for the dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment