Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

More Sketchbook Research...

Artist Research 

I then started looking at various artists and designers that inspire me. I looked into sea creature inspired designs and marine colours. Each designer had a unique collection of clothing to offer, they all used different textures and materials for there designs and it was amazing how each designer interpreted sea creatures into fashion. I looked at artists and designers such as Alberta Ferretti, Monique Lhuillier, Alexander McQueen, Kelly Bull, Sarah Burton, Arai, Mary Kantrazou, Versace, Iris Van Herpen, Roberto Cappuci, Ernst Haeckel, Zuhair Murad, Chanel and Elie Saab.

Check out this link to view one of my favourite designer's catwalk shows:

Monique Lhuillier Spring/Summer Collection 2013 <<<Click here


I did some quick sketches of the dresses that inspired me. I used water colour and pen to complete the design.


All these designs remind me of sea creatures such as coral and fish scales.


I love the ideas of these designs and how they represent marine life and the ocean.


I did an artist research sheet that included all the unique designs that inspired me. I also drew my own Avant Garde design.
Some designs are quite bizarre and some are quite elegant, however I find all deigns are unique and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment