Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Inspired by shells...

I started looking into shells and looked at the texture, shape, pattern, and colour and decided that I wanted to base my final piece on shells. I looked at different images that included printed shells on a dress design. Here are some dresses I designed based on shells that also incorporate the elegance of mermaid costumes. I also did some dress print designs that could be made into a dress. I really like the simplicity of a shell and decided I wanted to give it my own unique twist by adding pattern. This is how I started developing my ideas.
Print idea 1: I used Red Mx5B cold water Procion dye, marker pen, and silver pen.

Print idea 2: I used watered down turquoise Brusho ink, marker pen, silver pen.
One of my shell/ mermaid dress designs done with a marker pen. Id use screen printed black shells on plain satin, with real shells for the corset with ruffled up chiffon for the arms, with added diamantes and jewels for the rest of the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment