Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Pressed Flowers Experimentation Samples...

As part of my research I wanted to include real flowers in my exhibition but because they would eventually go off I decided to dry them out by putting them in between two wooden blocks for a few months. I put tissue and card in between the blocks to absorb the moisture from the flowers. One dried the flowers had many different patterns and textures. They became dull in colour because they had dried out but this made them look even more effective. To display my dried flower experimentation I decided to laminate them all. I laminated them onto card and some just clear. This was quite tricky to do because some of the flowers were too thick and became jammed when laminating. I had many unplanned trial runs but eventually I got a good selection of laminated flowers that will be displayed in booklet form for the public to view at my exhibition. I also took inspiration for my sheet work by looking at the detail on the flowers. Here are some of the results!





No comments:

Post a Comment