Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Sketchbook Research...

At the beginning of this project I gathered primary research by visiting various gardens to collect photos of flowers, I also researched many artists and designers such as William Morris, Cath Kidston, Corrine Young and many more. My main inspiration came from William Morris who was an exceptional artist and designer as I find his designs very recognisable and stunning. I also researched more contemporary designers such as Cath Kidston and Monique Lhuillier to broaden my research. I also looked into floral print design by researching into liberty art fabrics. In my sketchbook I have documented primary and secondary research as well as experimentation that I have done throughout my project.
Research on the book ' The Language Of Flowers' exploring the meanings and emotions of everyday flowers. I drew some flowers to decorate the pages using fine liner and water colours.

More research on the book ' The Language Of Flowers' also with drawn flowers and water colours.

Primary Research, photos that I took of flowers close up from various gardens that I visited.

Experimentation page, this is a lino cut print that I carved using lino cutting tools and gouache paint.

Flowers and fashion artist/ Designer research. I researched artists and designers who looked at felt, embroidery, fashion, and photography.

Flowers and fashion, artist and designer research.

No comments:

Post a Comment