Pages

Friday 25 April 2014

Artist Sheets...

As part of my project I have been researching various artists/ designers to support my FMP. I looked at artists who inspired my floral theme such as Ernst Haeckel, Christopher Kane, William Morris, Cath Kidston, Jill Flower, Corrine Young and many many more. All these people are involved with art, craft, fashion, textiles and other artistic talents. I created two artist research sheets size A2 on William Morris, Ernst Haeckel and Christopher Kane. These artist/ designers inspire my project on floral design.


My first artist sheet was on William Morris who was a print artist who studied and drew flowers. I created a sheet based on him because his works really inspires me as I am also inspired by my surroundings. He was one of the most iconic designers of his time and is still a massive influence in today's textile design. I created this sheet with collaged images, and fine liner. I tried to recreate his patterns as well as giving it my own artistic twist. I really like how this sheet turned out because its simple but looks really effective.

My second artist sheet was based on Ernst Haeckel who was a German biologist who drew and discovered many species of plants and animals. I also based it on Christopher Kane who is a fashion designer who uses the biology of flowers as the main focus of his designs. Both artist/ designers go perfectly together as they both focus on the biology side of things but offer it in totally different ways. I did this sheet by drawing the inside of flowers in the centre of the page with watercolour to make it the main focus. I then used the artist/ Designers work to collage the rest of the sheet. I really like how Christopher Kane uses the flowers as a stencil cut out on his fabric, on other garments he uses prints of flowers finished of with sequins. On some outfits he even labelled the designs with flower biological names. Finally I wrote the Latin names for some flowers and flower species. I like this sheet because its bright and colourful and mixes science and fashion together.

No comments:

Post a Comment