Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Development Sheets...

These sheets are the final stage to my design ideas, the patterns and images on these sheets are what I want to turn into a screen ready to screen print onto fabric for my samples and final piece. I am still unsure what I want to create yet but I want to incorporate these designs on my development sheets with my final piece/s. On these sheets I have developed my visual sheets by adding more colour and pattern and combining both visual sheets onto my development sheets, I have used media such as gouache paint, ink, and fine liner. I am really pleased with the outcome of these sheets because the colours look beautiful together and would look great on printed fabric for any purpose. All sheets are A2 size.


This sheet also has a cultural/Indian feel to it, I mixed red and blue ink together to create the purple background which dried like varnish. I then sketched out the flower in pencil and painted each individual sections carefully with gouache paint which I also mixed together to create pastel colours. I then finished the sheet off by adding metallic gold paint polka dots to the rest of the sheet. This is my favourite sheet because it captures the beauty of contemporary floral design. Surprisingly I completed this sheet quite quickly.
This sheet has a beautiful Indian feel to it. This sheet is done using gouache paint, fine liner and nail polish. Even though this sheet is quite simple I think it looks really effective with the contrasting colours and patterns. I put glue on top of the stylised flowers because the paint was beginning to crack slightly. I took the idea of the leaves and decided to create a screen with leaves on for my final piece prints.

This sheet combines both my visual sheets together in one to show how I've developed my overall design, the use of colour looks quite striking with the black paint, I used fine liner, and gouache paint. I completed the design with multicoloured painted dots. I like this sheet because I was making it up as I went along and it turned out really cool, basically I experimented. I'm still unsure what design I should go forward with because I have too many ideas. However I feel I have strong designs that could be used for a lot of printed textiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment