Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Cute Samples...

I decided to print onto some baby clothes to fit in with my childlike theme as I had already previously made children's scarves. Printing onto baby clothes was just a little experiment that I did as soon as my screens were ready. I first dyed the baby clothes before I pressed and washed them. Once they had dried I printed my first screen onto them using Black permeset pigment ink which sits on the fabric rather than soaking into it (used for darker fabrics), I then got my third screen and printed puff binder to give my fabric a 3D effect. This was fun to do just to add to my collection of samples. Take a look!

I dyed the fabric using Red Mx5B procion dye, screen 1: Black permeset pigment, and screen 3: plain puff binder. I like the result of this because the puff binder overlaps the black and pink revealing pale pink in some parts. There is a lot of pattern on these garments perfect for a fashionable baby. 

On this piece I used Turquoise MxG procion dye, screen1: Black permeset pigment, screen 3: plain puff binder. I slightly burnt the fabric leaving it darker in places, however its extremely adorable as a whole.

For this piece I mixed Red Mx5B and Turquoise MxG procion dye to create purple, screen 1: Black permeset pigment, screen 3: plain puff binder. For my first lot of samples I think they turned out quite good. I wanted to produce a variety of samples all inspired by flowers from traditional to contemporary but all stunning in design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment