Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

My Screen Prints on Cotton

(After heat appliance) "Puff" up. I prefer the design before I heated it up because they were strong vibrant colours and you could see all the intricate detail.
Cotton, Repeat Print, drops of red and blue Brusho ink to dye fabric, Pigment colour used: Red BTL.
With Screen Printed Puff Binder on top.
With Screen Printed Puff Binder on top.
Cotton, Procion dyes, Turquoise MxG, Red Mx5B, Screen Print, Pigment colours: Orange OL, Black SN-G, Puff Binder: Turquoise 4g (hand painted on).
(Before heat appliance), Cotton, Procion dyes: Yellow Mx4G, Red Mx2R (Stripes). (Rainbow) Puff Binder: Q Print Turquoise 4g, Minerprint Brill Red BB, Minerprint Brill Pink 5BTL, Screen Print.
Cotton, Screen Print, Red Mx5B, Black SN-G, plain Puff Binder,Repeat Print. I like this piece, however I layered the puff binder by accident resulting in too much white.
Cotton, purple Brusho ink, Screen Print, repeat print, Pigment ink: Black SN-G, Pink 5BTL, Turquoise 4G, Violet Blue 2BTL, Red BTL. I put blobs of different colour pigment all over the image and pulled the ink through, revealing a faint coloured background on top of the fabric, I then screen printed black on top of that to create a contrasting image.
I started of by dying each piece of fabric with Brusho ink. I then let them dry on the drying rack, once dry I taped each corner down with masking tape to prevent it from moving or becoming creased. I then used the same pigment printing technique to print on each piece of fabric. I found it harder to print on fabric because it was quite delicate, but i'm pleased with my prints so far.
Cotton, single print, blue Brusho ink to dye fabric, pigment colour used: Black SN-G.

No comments:

Post a Comment