Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Final Piece... Complete!

This is my completed length of wallpaper, this was a very successful final piece and I had no problem at all. I kept good time management with it and i'm pleased with the result. I think the finished result goes perfectly with my chosen theme (teenage girls bedroom). I like the use of colours because its very striking and stylish. To complete my final piece I used ready mixed black paint, Red Mx5B, lining paper, paint roller and paint palette. I filled in some of the petals at the end where it hadn't printed, using a paint brush. I also washed the lino after each print so that it didn't get blocked with paint. Health and Safety for this piece: be careful when handling hot hairdryer, keep area clean and tidy to prevent spillages, wear gloves when handling Procion dye, wear apron in the print room.
My woven sample to hand in with my final piece. Wet felt, needle felt. this sample goes with my nature focused theme and compliments my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment