Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Loom Weave...

How I Did It...


Loom Weave (the device I did my weave on)
A loom is a device that weaves cloth, I did a plain weave where the threads interlace alternatively. I used a device called a shuttle that carries the yarn between the threads to be pushed down to make a piece of cloth. A warp is the yarn that run the length of the fabric top to bottom, and the weft is what makes it go left to right when weaving. At first I found the loom a bit confusing but eventually I got the hang of it. However, because I didn't know how to use it properly at first it meant that the result of my woven fabric wasn't weaved properly at the beginning. This was my least favourite technique because I found it quite boring. Health and Safety: be careful not to trap your fingers in the loom device, tie hair back so that it doesn't get caught when weaving.
My weaving sample using the loom, pink yarn. I'm not happy with the result because half of it hasn't weaved properly, making it look messy.

My card weave sample, I made numerous slits in a piece of card and weaved black strips of card between the white card. It was easy to do but it looks effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment